Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Picking our Pack of Pickled Pumpkins

Just kidding, they weren't pickled. But it was fun/freezing to go back to Pumpkin Land--the pumpkin patch of my childhood--to buy our pumpkins. The wagon shopping carts were a hit.

Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa
I love this photo by the way.

Pumpkin carving for FHE has been one of the most successful lessons we've had; I may start carving scripture stories onto the sides of pumpkins in the future.

Posted by Picasa


I helped Amelia carve a bat into her pumpkin and Pete carved very spooky talons into his. I tried to use a power drill a la Martha Stewart to turn my pumpkin into one of her "celestial luminaries" but it didn't work very well. Our drill bit was too small, so I settled for just the candle instead.Here is the finished product:

Posted by Picasa


Happy Halloween from the Tidwells!

1 comment:

Kaitlin Heckert said...

How marvelous!! Happy Halloween Tidies!