Saturday, September 11, 2010

Living in Utah and Having a Yard

Amelia is very taken with our new yard. It isn't really that big, but it serves as a stark contrast to our New York apartment on the fifth floor with no grass anywhere in sight. This is my typical view from the living room at any waking hour of the day:

 
Posted by Picasa


On this particular day it happened to be raining lightly and the babes was pretty sure rain gutters were invented for her to soak her shoes under.

 
Posted by Picasa


 
Posted by Picasa


Her other favorite yard activity is driving in her car; or rather being pushed around in her "truck" as she calls it. We're outside playing in her car every day, pushing Amelia all over the driveway and back patio while she honks the horn and shouts "beep beep!" I guess she learned that one in New York, 'cause I never taught her that.

 
Posted by Picasa


And the last thing Meli-buttons has discovered the yard is good for is hosting parties. She loves for Grandma and Grandpa to come over and bring their dog (Uncle Ernie) who isn't allowed in the house.

 
Posted by Picasa


 

 
Posted by Picasa


Being back in Utah has reminded me of all the things I love about the place I grew up and it's fun to be where I can let my child play outside barefoot and run through grass. Enjoy it while it lasts baby girl, who knows where we'll be next year?

2 comments:

Here's hopin'... said...

I thought we knew exactly where you were going to be next year...

The Broderick Family Blog said...

So fun!! Love the pictures! ...so I am assuming the internship this summer went really well?