Monday, September 6, 2010

Little Red Lighthouse and the Great Grey Bridge

Have you ever heard of the classic 1950's storybook of The Little Red Lighthouse and the Great Grey Bridge? I hadn't either. But it exists, and the lighthouse the story was based on is located in Washington Heights, about a mile from where Pete and I lived this summer. We took Amelia to visit the sight memorialized in this charming tale of bravery and stalwart vigilance.

 
Posted by Picasa


 
Posted by Picasa


She wasn't as taken with the lighthouse as I would have wished, but she certainly enjoyed playing in the rocks on the grounds.

 
Posted by Picasa


What delighted me the most wasn't the lighthouse either, or the bridge or even the rocks; my favorite part of the excursion was the appearance of Little Toot himself, immortalized by the Andrews Sisters.

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kaitlin Heckert said...

Little Toot!! I watch that on youtube from time to time. I still love that little animated story! Along with Jonny Fedora and Alice Blue Bonnet.

Sharon Gorrell said...

she's a big toot just like her dad.