Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Huge, Amazing, Earth-shattering Announcement

At least it is to our family. You ready for it?

Here it is: Pete got a job offer from L'Oreal, and we decided to accept it.

Do you realize what this means? I'll make a list of exactly what it means:

1. Despite the less than joyous economy, my husband has a job waiting for him when he graduates. A rather good job. A career-type job working for a fortune 500 company in New York City. (I heard on the news a few days ago that for every job posting in the U.S. there are an average of 250 applicants. Having a job with a huge international corporation waiting for you while still in school is unheard of right now.)

2. We'll have really good health, dental and vision coverage (hooray for vision coverage--we don't have the best track record in that area).

3. We'll be moving back to the East Coast; always a dream of mine.

4. We'll be much much closer to my sister Sharon and her cute baby--Amelia can grow up with her cousin!

5. I'll cash in big time on free and half price beauty products from a huge range of names, like Ralph Lauren, Yves Saint Laurent, Lancome and of course L'Oreal. If I play my cards right I could fend off fine lines and wrinkles for the rest of my life.

6. We'll be able to save for a house.

7. I'll be living only minutes away from the best theaters, shopping and museums in the country.

8. FOOD. We'll be living in a Food Network addict's nirvana.

9. I'll be closer to the center of the publishing scene so I'll be able to pursue my writing career more closely.

10. We'll be missionaries. I have a feeling this is the main reason God is sending us to New York anyway. I always knew Pete was destined to be very involved in missionary work; he's just too good at it. I'll have to step up and do the same.

So, as you can see, this job means a lot of things to our family. We're just so relieved to have made the decision (believe it or not it took us two weeks of debating a too-good-to-be-true job offer before deciding to accept it) and to have a plan.

And we are so grateful. Thank you, thank you Heavenly Father.

5 comments:

CassiLou said...

CONGRATS!!!! How exciting. That is so incredibly AWESOME! We will miss you dearly in little ol' Utah. Love you tons! Congrats Pete on a job well deserved for all your dillgent hard work.

P.S. You will make and amazing missionary in NY.

The Broderick Family Blog said...

YEA!! Since Shaun and I will be in Ohio for the next 5 years we will definitely have to take a trip out to visit you guys! Congrats! Big decisions like that are so so hard! I am so happy for you guys!

Kaitlin Heckert said...

Well... I guess you leave me no other choice then to move out to the east as well. The whole family seems to be migrating there. Who knows, maybe I'll even find a job in NY?

Lindsey said...

SO Exciting! You will love the new adventure I am sure and let me tell you a real job with real benefits is the bomb!!! and yay for discounted loreal!

Matt and Dani said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOO Happy for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!! You truly deserve it!