Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"How are you Feeling?"

Fine. Large. Uncomfortable. Blasted ready to have this baby.

And it's finally happened; I have cankles. It could be much worse I suppose, at least I'm in my last three weeks. Some women start the whole ankle swelling thing earlier on and have to deal with cank-u-lars for months rather than a couple weeks, but I can't help but whine just a bit when I look down and see what used to be my ankles that now resemble squashy sausages.

At least I still don't have a road map of stretch marks on my belly. In fact, the last time I went to the doctor to have this little girlie checked out the doctor commented on what nice condition my skin was in. No stretch marks at all on my belly. Just in case you were curious.

No varicose veins either. So I'm counting my blessings. And the days. Just under three weeks and I'll be a Mom. I think I'll take up Belly Dancing classes to get into shape (to celebrate my remarkably stretch mark free belly of course). I've heard it's amazing for toning muscles and sounds like good craic. I told Pete about my post-pregnancy slimming down plans and he seemed slightly concerned about my interest in donning jewels, fringe and veils to prance about with a bare belly. I reassured him it would just be for class (and maybe a bit around the house) and that I wouldn't go out into public like that. Probably.

I'm not sure he was reassured though.

It's plans like these that are getting me through these last few weeks and keeping me upbeat. If I had nothing but late night feedings and sore stitches to look forward to I might not be as excited for this "most noble transition into motherhood" as I am. So bring it on. I'm ready . . . I think.

4 comments:

Lesley said...

I think belly dancing sounds like fun... if i didn't have to show my belly, that is.

Enjoy these last few weeks of pregnancy. Sounds strange, but you will definitely miss it.

You look fabulous, by the way!

Kaitlin Heckert said...

My dear Charlotte I can tell you from experience that belly dancing is an excellent release. I am just so relieved that the whole pregnant bikini water aerobics escaped your memory. This pregnancy.

Bombshell Char said...

Kait, the whole bikini water aerobics pregnancy thing most certainly DID NOT escape my memory, I'm just a working girl and had trouble fitting it in is all. NEXT TIME!!

irishkaren said...

Cankles, I love it. I was suffering from those a lot earlier, so you are lukcy. Hope the belly stays stretchmark free, mine was until the last week with my 1st pregnancy, I was so mad to get that far and then have it happen. I used stretchmark lotion to prevent it up until the last few weeks and got lazy thinking I dind't need to anymore, guess I was wrong so keep lotioning if you have been prior.