Saturday, February 7, 2009

Love Journaling

I was completely inspired by a story that was printed in the February issue of the Ensign this year called Cards that Keep. The story is about a man who decided that rather than continuing to buy cards for his wife on special occasions that would always end up in a box or in the rubbish, he would make her a "Love Journal" that she could keep. In the journal he would leave her messages that she could refer to over and over, reminding herself how much and why her husband loved her.

His wife responded by writing messages back to him in the journal as well, and it became their mutual way of leaving random love notes for each other and adding a fun element of romance to their relationship.

So for Enrichment today--and just in time for Valentine's Day--we made Love Journals. It turned out to be so fun, a Relief Society craft that actually has meaning and doesn't require endless sanding or toll painting! I'm quite proud of the way mine turned out. Here’s hoping Pete’s as impressed with my thoughtful craftiness as I am.



2 comments:

Andrea and Preston said...

I love your Love Journal! That was such a good idea! I wanted to come to that activity, but had to work that Saturday! Maybe I will still make one for Prest for Valentines day though! I'm not a crafty person like you are, so mine won't be nearly as cute!

Jared & Larisa said...

That is a great idea ... maybe I'll tell Jared to start something like that for me :) And I loved your previous entry about feeling like the big blueberry from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Believe me, I've been there!! Good luck, she'll be here soon!