Wednesday, January 28, 2009

January Showers Bring . . . February Babies?

I sure hope so. My charming sister Kaitlin reminded me that I promised to blog my baby shower, which I have hitherto neglected to do, mainly because I look so large and pained in all the photos of myself that you’d think I was in full-on active labor throughout the whole party. (I blame my photographer).

But the food was amazing (you can always count on McKinlay parties to have fabulous food) the Mother Goose decorations were so charming, the mommy advice was flowing, and I got some cute/practical and even really funny stuff for this very lucky little girl. And now I’m ready to have a baby. Any day now.



Sharon was my gift recorder and she christened this one "Bum Picture." Very descriptive. It was given to me by my frined Suzanne, who picked it up at an antique shop. It took about 30 seconds to grow on me, but now I love it. I have the perfect place for it in Babygirl's nursery.



Here's another gem, this time from my sister-in-law Sarah; Furry knickers! I've never seen anything quite like them and I think they're a good laugh. Honestly, if I put eyes on them they could guest star on Sesame Street. Love them!

3 comments:

Andrea and Preston said...

Are you really due any day now?? How crazy is that? I feel like you just announced your pregnancy to the Relief Society yesterday! I'm sure it has felt like a long time to you though, since you've actually been carrying a fetus and all! Good luck with the whole labor and delivery thing! You'll do great! How exciting!

Kaitlin Heckert said...

Oh! The bum picture is too dar! Thanks for posting Charlo.

Lindsey said...

looks like you scored at your baby shower!! it is so fun having a girla nd dressing her up all prissy and girlie!!! soon soon you will be a mammy!! how many more days??? oh the reason we blessed Bri at four months is because we waited for mama and papa pinon to get back from there mission we didnt want them to miss it!! but ya normally you do it ASAP!! i think anyways!!! cant wait to see pics of the baby char!!