Wednesday, December 31, 2008

We had Ourselves a Merry Little Christmas

Christmas was lovely. I didn't have to work for a few days, Pete was home, we got cute stuff for the baby (and some practical stuff too--it's not nearly as much fun buying a waterproof mattress pad as it is choosing out frilly little dresses, but I figured the baby would need it) and Lynn donned his best Holiday Cheermeister Sweater for the occasion.



We spent Christmas Eve and much of Christmas Day with my family and then got together with the Tidwell's two days later for a family service project (we assembled hygeine kits for the Humanitarian Aid dept.) and a Holiday meal. And on Saturday Pete got to go snowboarding, which he loves more than chocolate, Christmas, and Cougar Basketball combined. So he was happy too. I got him some new snowboarding boots for Christmas and some new snowpants (the gear he's had since he was 17 just isn't cuttin' it anymore). So he was an all new man and as giddy as any little kid on Christmas.






I got a new coat that actually buttons over my belly (Mom was disturbed that none of my coats quite covered me--she was afraid I was freezing her grand child to death). And I got some fancy perfume from my sweetheart. Good year.

vera Pictures, Images and Photos

Here are some pics of the festivities:

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Your whole family is so adorable. My brother Shawn got new snowboarding boots for Christmas, and I got new bindings...so it sounds like we need to be inviting Pete out with us this season! :)

Kaitlin Heckert said...

Charles those are some good pictures you took! I love the one of Lynn and Luke, and the one of Ally with the chic hat. And I am so very proud that you got a Vera Wang perfume! She is one of my all time favorite designers. I must stop by to sniff you sometime.