Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Mamaloo

Sharon and I plotted quite a bit to put Mom's birthday bash together--although it wasn't anything overly spectacular. I showed up to the parent's house with birthday dinner (Quiche Lorraine, Roast Potatoes, Cottage Cheese and Asparogus)and then Pete and I carted everyone up to Salt Lake for a Christmas concert in the Catherdral of the Madeline.

The Utah Premiere Brass were playing, and the Bountiful Bells as well. Coupled with the impressive cathedral ambiance, it was quite a show. Afterward we all went to Sharon's wee house for birthday cake and presents. I made a chocolate Pudding Cake with fresh whipped cream, but as you can see from the photos the gift was a much bigger hit. Sharon, my dad and I all went in together on an ipod and Sharon downloaded some of mom's favorite songs to get her started. You can't see from the photos, but it made her cry. I think she likes it.


3 comments:

Kaitlin Heckert said...

My our mother is getting skinny! It just isn't fair I say. And Geez Louise, she cried! How delightful for you. I'm glad she finally has her ipod, she has been saying she wanted one for a long time. What a dear daughter you are! I'm a little upset that I missed the dinner and cake though. But very tendter of you to have a small tribute to Lorain. Bless her little soul.

Liz, Nate, Sydney, Holly said...

That is so awesome. I love your blog, BTW. You are a total bombshell, and you have a fantastic prince (alhtough I think my prince is pretty amazing, as well.) You guys are so good to your mom, that sounds like an excellent birthday. Loved the pictures! P.S. Hope you are feeling well!

Em and Jorg said...

what sweet daughters, you are!