Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Oven Carmel Corn

Last weekend I gave in to one of the temptations of the season; Carmel Popcorn. Actually, I don't know if Carmel Popcorn is supposed to be a Fall treat, it seems like we always get two or three giant tins with three flavors of Popcorn for Christmas. But to me, Carmel Popcorn is a Fall-ish seasonal treat, after all, the Pilgrims and Indians ate popcorn at the first Thanksgiving, right? They really missed out on the Carmel part though. This is called progress.

Since those big popcorn tubs don't appear in stores for a couple of months, I made it myself. It was delicious. I only made a half recipe (I thought 15 cups of popcorn was a little much) but Pete and I devoured nearly the whole batch during the BYU football game. Had I made 15 cups it might have lasted past the weekend. Maybe.

So now I know what I'm giving out as Halloween treats! I'm getting excited already!

No comments: