Thursday, September 25, 2008

I Really am a Writer, I Promise!

I've been meeting a lot of new people lately. It's a perk of being the Relief Society President of a Married Student Ward that always experiences a huge influx of new members corresponding with the changing semesters at the two local universities (BYU and UVU).

And most new people I meet ask me, "So, what do you do?" and I tell them, "I'm a writer for an online Marketing Company." And then they say "Really? You're a professional writer? That's so cool!" Yep. Really. I'm a professional writer. But then I read my blog and think to myself "If anyone actually read this they probably would not believe that I actually get paid to write for people. For businesses none the less. (Although honestly, I don't get paid that much.)

So I decided that I should post some samples of my writing on my blog. Don't worry, I won't post anything I wrote for work (used car dealership ads get boring, even if I wrote them myself). If You're interested in reading a short chapter from the Young Adult novel I work on occasionally, I included the following chapter entitled Bra Shopping

Background: Angela is an overweight 15 year old girl who struggles with severe self confidence problems. Part of the novel (the part this chapter represents) works through her relationship with her mother, while the main body of the story deals with more serious issues with her friends.

3 comments:

The Paterson Family said...

I love it...every word of it made me laugh...good job love!! I look forward to having a signed copy :)

Em and Jorg said...

"oh save me" - this is hilarious!! TAlent, you have :)

McKinlay Family said...

I loved it! I love to read and you definitely have a talent. Now... I didn't know you were pregnant. I am so happy for you and a little jealous. There is nothing like having a baby. I know you probably think of me as an old lady, but good luck, I was just there. You are so talented and beautiful. Hope to see you soon.