Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Stuff n' Such

Okay, first things first; for those of you wondering if I ACTUALLY went for a run on Thanksgiving morning, the answer is a resounding YES! I did. And I coerced my husband and child into coming with me. It was freezing, I think the temperature had dropped to about 13 degrees Fahrenheit (which is -10.5 degrees Celsius for you metric people) so we were chilly. In fact the poor babes cried for about 15 minutes when we got home because her hands were thawing out and it was painful.

But we went.

And guess what else we did that morning? We sold Pete's car. Hooray! He's been trying to sell his Volkswagen GTI for months and we finally found a buyer, and on Thanksgiving Day. How appropriate.

Later that afternoon we went over to Pete's parents house for a laid back Thanksgiving Dinner. Not many people were able to make it because of illnesses and schedule conflicts, so we were a small group. I really enjoyed having a more intimate party, we all sat at the same table and I was able to see and speak to every person there. Amelia got to play with her cousin Paisley and all the adults played games after dinner.

Posted by Picasa
The girls caught some quality Sesame Street on Uncle Tad's iPhone.

Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa


We headed to my parents house later for dessert and chitchat. Of all my siblings only my brother was able to come home for dinner, so it was a pretty low key Thanksgiving, but that only makes me more excited for Christmas when more people will be around. We did, however, catch my sisters Danielle and Allysann on Skype, so it was almost like they were there.

Here's Amelia talking to her Aunt Deedee.

Posted by Picasa


A week or so ago we got a Kohl's ad in the mail featuring a blonde model that Amelia was convinced was her Aunt Deedee. She got very upset when I threw the ad away a couple days later, and kept peering into the garbage can calling "Aunt Deedee? Aunt Deedee?" She has finally stopped looking for Aunt Deedee in the garbage and calls to her in the computer now instead.

And on Saturday we put up our Christmas tree.

Posted by Picasa


I almost canceled Christmas decorating on Saturday because of the DEVASTATING outcome of the BYU Utah football game, but eventually I decided that Christmas was more important. While we decorated the tree we listened to the Cougar basketball team beating St. Mary's and winning the South Padre Island invitational on the radio, so that helped me to feel some Christmas cheer.

Amelia hasn't left the Christmas tree for anything other than eating and sleeping since we put it up. I have a feeling this is going to be a magical Christmas season with my girl this year.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kaitlin Heckert said...

Pretty christmas tree Charlo! Can't wait to see it in person! I haven't seen your new abode yet.

Here's hopin'... said...

Tell Amelia I'll be home for Christmas, and not just in my dreams!

Andrea and Preston said...

Those pics of Amelia by the Christmas tree are so cute! Good job going running on Thanksgiving--way to be committed!

Sharon Gorrell said...

I miss my family!!!