Saturday, February 20, 2010

Mother Goose Birthday Party

In the aftermath of Babygirl's birthday party I managed to lose my camera and didn't unearth it until this morning when I had to clean before the visiting teachers showed up.

However, find it I did, and now I can finally post photos from Amelia's party. I decided on a Mother Goose Theme for her party--primarily because over a year ago I found an old Jesse Wilcox Smith Mother Goose collection in my parent's basement, and have been cutting it up for fabulous wall art for the nursery among other things--much to the horror of my younger sister, who is an art student and can't comprehend how I could desecrate a Jesse Wilcox Smith like that--sorry Dede. Despite her objections, I decided to continue the Mother Goose theme to be consistent.

I used framed nursery rhyme prints, as well as framed pictures of the birthday girl for party decor.

My husband, cake artist extraordinaire made the the birthday cake. It was supposed to have Little Bo Peep on it as well as her sheep, but as we ran out of time, Little Bo Peep got cut. So just the sheep make an appearance on the cake, but they turned out pretty cute, and I thought it looked darling. The Babes seemed to enjoy it as well, as you will see in the following photos.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow:
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox free photo slideshow


The last few pics are of a new tradition I'm trying to start for first birthdays in our family. Amelia and I sprouted an apple seed in a glass on the window sill for a few weeks, and for her birthday we planted it. I like the idea of all my kids having a tree or a rosebush or something planted for them on their first birthday. Luckily, as we are only renting here, Jonny Apple Tree won't be big enough to need to be in the ground for a few years yet.

1 comment:

Kaitlin Heckert said...

Well Charles those were just so gosh dang adorable! But why didn't you get any pictures of the guests? And why oh WHY was she eating dirt!? On her birthday!!