Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Bombshell has Landed

So, I live in New York City now. Very near Central Park in fact. I am not, however, a true New Yorker just yet as I have not started jogging in Central Park without a shirt on. Or at all.

I'd love to post photos of what I like to call our "dainty" (read: tiny) apartment, but I can't. Sadly, I lost my camera somewhere between 5th and 3rd Ave after having dinner at a charming little French restaurant called Matisse. I had a roasted duck breast and mashed potatoes with a salad, and blueberry almond frangipane smothered in creme anglaise for dessert. The food was great, in case you were wondering.

But it means that I have no photos to post. Nothing for the past month in fact, which is one reason I have neglected to post anything for your reading enjoyment.

There are two bright spots of this sad, sad tale, and they are these; one: I now have a very legitimate excuse to save up for the Digital SLR that I have been fantasizing about for the past year, and two: my sister Sharon took quite a lot of photos of the week we spent visiting her family in Boston before moving on to NYC.

So, it looks as though I may have a few wee pics to post after all.

Amelia's been excited to see "Baby Caroline" for weeks but I don't think poor Lulu shared her enthusiasm for seeing her relations.





My girl loves the sand more than just about anything.

Here's me looking very un-bombshell. More like Mom-shell.
But that's the truth of it these days. Sigh.


The carousel at Boston Commons. You'd never know from these pics,
but the kid was having the time of her life.



Boston has a fabulous Children's Museum with more things for a busy kid to do and see than there is time in one afternoon. And I was pretty entertained too.







Nice night along Boston Harbor.


So, thanks Auntie Shrew for the photos. And for hosting my family for a few days. We had a ball in Boston and can't wait to host a party here in NYC. But please remember to bring your camera.

2 comments:

Kaitlin Heckert said...

Thank you for finally posting! And thanks Auntie Shrew (haha!)for being so snap happy all the time. You would never know just by looking at them that Caroline is a year younger than Amelia. They're just so squeezable!

The Broderick Family Blog said...

Yay! You guys made it! Sorry about your camera getting lost. That is a bummer. I hope you are settling in well. I'm sure it's going to be a big adjustment living in the city and living in a much smaller place. I'm sure in time it will start feeling like home.
By the way, you look amazing. I hope you are feeling good and can find a great dr.