Monday, January 24, 2011

Hating the things I Love

I should be writing right now. I mean really writing. Writing like working hard on my novel, constructing complex and multi-dimensional characters who face unbelievable conflicts and are forced to make life altering decisions, but always maintaining a touch of humor.

But I don't want to.

I don't want to because I have a bit of a headache and my cranky, eczema afflicted toddler has finally gone down for a nap, and I even baked bread this morning, so can't I take a break? Don't I deserve a leisurely hour or two after being so productive and patient and domestic this morning?

No?

Sigh. All right. I'll do some writing. But only 500 words, that's it!

grrr.

5 comments:

Diana said...

Ha ha :) I swear I feel that same way...except I don't bake bread...ever. So what's my excuse?

Kaitlin Heckert said...

Amelia has eczema!!? Well for heaven's sake! Poor little cherub. Give her some Aunt Kait love!

The Broderick Family Blog said...

hey! So sorry about your little girl being so miserable! We have found this amazing cream that works wonders for eczema. My niece and nephew have also been a victim. anyway, it is called CereVe. you can buy it at walmart but this site will show you what it looks like. It is so much better than anything else out there!!!! You won't be disappointed. and it doesn't go on greasy or get clothes greasy. Anyway, you should really give it a try. :)
http://www.cerave.com/

p.s. the bread sounds yummy!

Here's hopin'... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Here's hopin'... said...

Your domestic duties are not fulfilled until I get fed. And don't you forget it!

p.s. Good luck