Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Snowy Snowy Day

On New Year's Day Pete and I had the stunningly brilliant idea to take Amelia sledding. Apparently, every other family in the Provo-Orem area had the same idea, because the park (there is only one sledding park in the county--and that is Rock Canyon Park by the Provo Temple) was jam packed.

If we hadn't determined to stick to the bunny slopes (there were parents letting children younger than Amelia try their luck on the black diamond slopes--if you think I'm exaggerating about these hills, check out the park) we might have just stood at the top of the hill all afternoon waiting for the train-wrecks to clear up so we could take our turn.

The mild hills were a bit too tame for Pete; he got a little bored and antsy after a while, but Amelia loved it. Provided she didn't have to actually sit in the snow at any point.




3 comments:

Carly said...

SO cute. Lucy loved her first time sledding too. Where did you get Amelia's boots? I can't find any small enough!

Andrea and Preston said...

I can't believe you took Amelia sledding--how fun! I can't believe she is almost a year old! They grow up so fast! I can't imagine how it must be--I get sad when I realize how much my puppy has grown...ha!

Kaitlin Heckert said...

Oh she is such a little strudle puff! Tell her Auntie Kait loves her!