Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Latest Project

I love projects! In fact, I think it's actually a genetically linked trait in in my family to seek out projects, and then go way over the top with them--anyone who knows my sister Sharon understands EXACTLY what I mean by that.

So my latest project/obsession has been baby quilts. Sounds like not-that-big-of-a-deal right? Wrong! (See above note about going way over the top). In my search for the perfect bedding set for Baby, I am finding myself to be rather non-committal. I like a lot of what I find, but I have a very definite image in my mind of exactly what I want and I haven't seen it yet. So, it has come to making baby quilts. And I have decided that my mother and I need to make this perfect Aristotelian exists-in-the-mind-of-god baby quilt. (It sounds like a good tri-generational bonding opportunity, right?)

The challenge with all of this is that neither mother nor I really know how to quilt. We've both tied many quilts, and Mom has made some beautiful quilts and blankets before, but never actual quilting. I say, there's no time like the present to learn! Mom's on board and we have a pattern--its a simple one, I am after all a reasonable woman. When it's finished it should look something like this:



Really, Mom got off rather easy. The pattern I am hoping my Mother-in-law will make for Baby is much more complicated (she has years of quilting experience and likes to try new designs and pattern, so I don't think this will be too overwhelming for her).



This is really just one small part of all the plans and daydreams I'm coming up with for Baby's room and belongings--yes, I realize she won't care at all, but this is so much fun for ME and all Baby's aunties! I'll post photos as we finish projects so you all can see how things turn out!

2 comments:

Em and Jorg said...

pretty, pretty, pretty!!!!! Can't wait to see the finished products

Here's hopin'... said...

EEEEEEEE! That's 'McKinlay' for I'm so excited!

love your stoopid seester Deedee.