Tuesday, July 10, 2012

High Culture and Barn Yard Animals

My baby sisters came to visit me for a few days and so I naturally had to show them a good time. Kait came a couple days before Ally arrived, and we decided to hit the Metropolitan Museum of Art to indulge in some high culture before heading to the Central Park Zoo.

I love the Met, and I don't spend near enough time there. Here's a tip for anyone looking to visit NYC: The Met, like many other city museums, his a suggested admittance price. That means that when you walk in and see the sign that says Adults $25, you don't really have to pay $25. It's just their suggestion. You can hand them a quarter and walk in.

I try not to be too cheap, I do support the arts after all, so I gave the lady four quarters instead. It's worth the investment to expose my children to some of the world's best art.



Here's Kait contemplating the masters. 


And of course Amelia running amok and ignoring the priceless masterpieces on the walls.  


Amelia was much more taken with the round couches


And the water fountain. 

She was much more in her element among the barn yard animals in the Children's Zoo in Central Park. 



It happened to be Georgie's eight month birthday. Here are a few shots of the wee birthday baby.

  

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That little Georgia steals my heart.

Elizabeth said...

And you always end up making me (sigh) wish I was in NYC.

Andrea and Preston said...

Your girls are such dolls and always so photogenic! We want to come to NYC again next summer, so would love to see you guys again if you're still there!