Thursday, June 7, 2012

Exploring My City

I've had a few perfect days already this summer. Today was one of them.

Thanks to a couple of friends who have taken it upon themselves to be the social directors of the Mom's group I am a part of, today we took a day trip in Brooklyn. First we took a walk across the miracle of modern engineering that is the Brooklyn Bridge.




(Apparently it was a good book and Amelia couldn't be bothered with the world famous skyline behind her.)

And then we rode the 100 year old carousel at the base of the bridge. 








After the carousel we had a picnic in the shade of the bridge, and then made our way to the only slightly less famous Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory.




After an ice cream break, we hit the best playground I've ever been to; Brooklyn Park playground, which feels more like a water park than your average, run-of-the-mill playground. My little ladies were in splishy-splashy heaven.  

To wrap up our day out in Brooklyn we took a walk through Brooklyn Heights, which is a completely beautiful neighborhood that actually temps me to move out of Manhattan, but we'll never be able to afford to live there.  

Days like today make me remember what an amazing city I am fortunate enough to live in. 

Oh, and Pete got a job offer at Microsoft, and he's decided to accept. So I guess we can stay in NYC after all.   

3 comments:

Kaitlin McKinlay said...

Hooray for Peteski!! And you'll have to show me around Brooklyn when I get there!

Elizabeth said...

Yay! So excited about your job offer and your apparent love for where you are and what you're doing. Love it!

xoxo

Britney said...

Congratulations on the job! I guess I haven't really talked to you for awhile.

Looks like a fun day in Brooklyn. I wish I could have joined you.