Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Slices of Christmas

There are a lot of things I want to remember about this Christmas. It's a pretty landmark year; my Georgia's first Christmas, our first New York City Christmas, and our first Christmas away from family--unless you count the Christmases on the mission, and somehow, those don't count.


I went to some decent effort to make Christmas magical for my family this year, like my mom used to for my family. We continued some family traditions and we started a couple new ones. Here are a few of the more enchanting memories from Christmas this year:


Making Christmas cookies




Watching Christmas movies



 Having the missionaries over for dinner a few days before Christmas 
(no photos of this, but I really enjoyed it and want to make it a Christmas week tradition)

Christmas eve dinner with friends






The Christmas nativity pageant (Amelia's angel costume)


My girls by the Christmas tree




And handmade gifts. I made this doll for my Amelia, 
and I couldn't have wished for a better reaction.



Love at first sight. "It's my special doll! I love it!"

I love you too Babydoll. Forever's like. 

Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

Sharon Gorrell said...

Who could ask for anything more?
And I hope this Dolly's dress has a luckier fate than Baby Tina's.

Elizabeth said...

Um...I like to do that with cookie dough, too.