Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

For the first time in I don't know how many years, and definitely the first time since we've been married, I have a live christmas tree this year.  I wish I could say we all went as a family to a charming christmas tree farm somewhere in upstate New York and chopped it down ourselves; that would be so quaint. 


But we didn't. 


We bought it out front of our local ghetto grocery store. But we did all go as a family to pick it out (though Missy G didn't give much of an opinion on the matter) and it smells great and it's so darn cute, perfect for our little apartment. 




This pic doesn't show the Christmas tree, but I just love it. My pretty baby and all the bright colors. 




See? Perfect fit in the one, tiny, empty nook in our apartment.


Georgie's contribution to the Christmas decorating party was to hold the traditional Tidwell family Christmas Lamb; a job that Amelia assigned to her, and she preformed admirably. 



Only $20 and because it's such a "dainty" tree, we didn't even have to strap it onto the top of the car (which is good, because we don't have one). Pete just carried it the block and a half home, holding it aloft like the statue of liberty. 


Best part? I don't have to store it when Christmas is over. That sells it all right there.

1 comment:

Kaitlin Heckert said...

SO pretty! Way to keep the spirit alive Charlo! I know this time of year must seem bleak without me, but I'm glad you're doing your best to enjoy yourselves.