Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Out to the Ball Game

The New York County Fair was held over Labor Day weekend. It sounded like charming, good old fashioned family fun with rides, games, food, crafts, contests, animals, even pig races and pie eating contests.

But it was all the way out in the center of Staten Island. So we went to a Yankees game instead (that's only 15 min on the subway). But totally all-American, wouldn't you say?

I, of course, took the opportunity to bring along the new camera (I feel as though I should name the camera. He's more or less my new constant companion).

Here are a few of my favorite images of the day.

Amelia was really interested in the ball game for about 3.5 minutes. Pete was so proud of how excited she was when we arrived in our seats and she kept saying, "Baseball Mama, those mans are playing baseball!"



This man was in heaven. Pete's pretty sure there's a very large baseball field in the Celestial Kingdom.

And of course, what's a baseball game without hotdogs and ice cream? Not a baseball game at all actually.


Here's Amelia explaining the game to Baby Tina. I heard her say, "He has to hurry up or he'll go to time out." Priceless.

*Note: Pete wants me to make clear that he is in no way a Yankees fan in particular. The man just loves baseball and we happen to live in New York City not too far away from Yankee Stadium and get cheap tickets (as in, $6 or so). The hat is one of many in his collection of hats from places we've lived and visited. Just so you know.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

I am so grateful for your little comment at the end. I don't know that we could be friends if you were die-hard Yankee fans. We are die-hard Red Sox fans, and although we know we are in the minority here in this city of Yankees, we try our best not to associate with people who like pinstripes.

:)

Kaitlin Heckert said...

WHY IS SHE SO OLD!? I'm sitting here at my computer at school with tears streaming down my face! Not really, but I feel like it! Tell her Aunt Kait loves her and I'll see her soon! Oh you too Charles you too!

Elizabeth said...

Hey will you text me your new number again? Pretty please?? ;)