Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I feel as though I should update this blog as I (rather rashly) promised to do in my last post, yet I somehow find myself scrambling for anything of interest to write.

I did have an ultrasound a couple days ago and got to peek at my baby (I loath the word fetus and will refer to him/her as a baby regardless of the the current stage of development) which was exciting. But at 11.5 weeks there wasn't much to see, a barely humanoid form with a heartbeat. So I won't post the picture because I can hardly make anything out of it myself and can't expect any readers to get overly excited about it.

I could write for a very long time about food and my tempestuous relationship with it of late, but I can't imagine a detailed history of my cravings and aversions commanding too much interest either. Suffice it to say, early spring strawberries are my salvation and cold cereal has made a remarkable resurgence in my diet.

I haven't really been writing much lately--surprise surprise--or at all actually. I lost the motivation after printing out the first 100 pages of my bakery romance and starting to read it. I haven't allowed myself to do any, I mean any editing on it with the hope that writing right through it would help me to actually finish an entire draft. Instead, I realized how very much work it needs and got depressed. But I didn't bin it and I plan on picking it back up. Soon. Like, this afternoon, maybe.

So, what have I been doing? I haven't been writing, cooking, or doing much exercising or even read anything new in what feels like ages.

Well, I have been hanging out with my girl.




We go to the park--when it isn't blizzarding. We chill at the various BYU museums. We do a lot of coloring, and watch a few movies. Momminess is pretty all consuming for me right now, because it's all I seem to have energy for. But I've been pregnant before and I know things will balance out soon. I'll regain some energy and enthusiasm for life. I will write again, and I know my creative cooking days are just beginning.

So thanks for your patience. In the meantime, more photos of the cutest 2-year-old ever.





3 comments:

Kaitlin Heckert said...

Amelia is lookin so patriotic! What a little shishka baby!

Nicolette said...

wow!! Amelia's hair is so long and she is getting so big! Don't beat yourself up too much about no desire to do much...I'm sure Pete doesn't mind being the creative one in the kitchen.
and I second the strawberries and cold cereal. That is pretty much what I have been living on too. :)

Andrea and Preston said...

She is definitely one of the cutest 2 year olds!