Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day


We visited my grandparents' graves for Memorial Day and Auntie Al requested that I dress the babydoll in her sailor dress to be festive. (Can one be festive for Memorial Day?)

Afterward we had a picnic on the lawn of an elementary school near the cemetery; which was rather fitting as it was same elementary school playground where Peter and I kissed for the first time and it was our wedding anniversary. So we memorialized that too.

Side note: lest anyone think we are utterly unromantic and choose to observe our anniversary by visiting graveyards, please know that we've been celebrating our anniversary in snatches here and there for the last few days, starting with dinner at the Tuscany, which was fab. Also, I purchased this gorgeous cake stand:



Because we both wanted it and it was on SALE at Old Town Imports. Check them out, I love their serve ware.

And Pete wrote me a song. But I promised him I wouldn't post the lyrics on my blog, so sorry to those of you who are curious. Just know it's very sweet and I got a bit teary when he sang it to me.

Now back to packing and cleaning.

2 comments:

The Broderick Family Blog said...

I'm glad you guys had a great anniversary! I LOVE the cake stand! Nice choice 1Best of luck with moving this week. Enjoy each day there...I'm sure this summer will fly!

Emily said...

Love the cake stand, gorgeous! glad you had a happy anniversary, we probably just barely missed you at the cemetary. :)