Monday, May 24, 2010

Our Last Family "Who Ha" Before Manhattan

At least that's what Pete kept calling it on Saturday. I'm not sure I have a very clear idea of exactly what a "who ha" is, but I suppose it was a fun one at any rate.

We found out last Thursday that we are moving after all. I don't mean to Manhattan. Well, yes, we are moving to Manhattan for the summer, but we were planning on coming back to our apartment afterward for Pete's last semesters of school. But not any more. Our landlords called us on Thursday to let us know they have decided to put the house on the market. So with two weeks 'til we board the plane New York bound, we have to move. Did I mention how much I adore moving? It isn't very much. However, we have been in the same apartment for nearly three years (how did that happen?) and I dare say it's time to move on.

With all these reflections in mind, Pete and I decided to spend last Saturday on a family outing (the above mentioned "Who Ha"). We packed a picnic and went on a hike to Stuart Falls--not a huge hike, its only two miles in and two miles out; my kind of hike. Pete had Amelia in the hiking backpack (thanks Nelsons!).



She got a bit cranky toward the end; it was past nap time, but she loved, Loved, LOVED the waterfall.





On Sunday we took a walk at the park despite the disappointingly chilly weather. In case any of you have forgotten how unbelievably cute my child is, here are some of the pictures:









And finally, the biggest news of all; Amelia has graduated. At her 15 month doctor's appointment on Friday she weighed in at barely over 20 lbs. Hooray, we got to turn the car seat around!

3 comments:

Nicolette said...

I can't believe you have to move!!! What are you going to do with all of your stuff? What a stressful last minute call! good luck!

Cute pictures! I'M proud that your little girl can now look at you guys in the car! I bet she LOVES that!

Let me know if you need help with anything!!

Unknown said...

ahh you guys are gone:-( we are headed to Utah this weekend and I wanted to meet your sweet lil girl.. well you are in a much funner place I wish I could come there:-) good luck!

Sharon Gorrell said...

big sister Sharon said...

I believe the correct spelling is "HooHa", and I love Meli's red ensemble.