Thursday, November 12, 2009

Halloween in Retrospect

I suppose I should learn to control myself. But honestly, celebrating holidays is really what convinced me to buy in to this whole having children idea anyway. Besides, I’m still a McKinlay, and McKinlays have a genetic tendency to go over the top in virtually everything they do. Go big or don’t go.

So it should not come as a surprise to any one that Amelia had two separate Halloween costumes this year--one to coordinate with her Dad for Halloween parties, and one for Halloween night that was just so cute I couldn’t resist.

So I spent WAY too much time (to say nothing of money) on Halloween this year. But . . . it also should not surprise anyone to hear that Amelia won first place in the children's costume contest (a $10 gift card to Target!) or that Pete won first place for his Halloween cake; The Great Pumpkin. Happy Halloween all!

Stay Puft Marshmallow Baby



I'm supposed to be the nerdy secretary. Whatever, it's the baby's costume that's cute!



I actually got Pete to dress up this year in a costume that didn't involve sleeve tattoos (he has quite an impressive collection of tattoo sleeves).



This is the babydoll's other costume. She's a hydrangea.





Behold! The Great Pumpkin rising out of the pumpkin patch!


2 comments:

CassiLou said...

SO AWESOME! LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Here's hopin'... said...

That's right, Charlotte. Go big or don't go. I love how she's less then a year old and she's already DRENCHED in sparkles and pink!