Friday, November 27, 2009

For those of you who have been dying to see Pete's first wedding cake, here it is:





I tend to think he's rather talented.

I helped Pete very little with this cake; I did a few of the polka dots and helped arrange the flowers, but mainly I just ran errands for him and kept people (Amelia) out from under his feet so he could work. It took him about 15 hours total between baking, assembling and decorating.

Oh, and did I mention that all this was on my birthday? So I was really quite sacrificial to allow him to spend all of my birthday sweating in the kitchen and paying me virtually no attention so he could focus on this monumental task. I was really proud of him.

And besides, he took me to dinner that night at one of my fave restaurants--Pizzeria 712, you can read reviews here, and he got me a super chic new touch screen phone that I'll probably never learn how to use to its full potential. So it was a good birthday. Even if he didn't let me put candles on his cake before we delivered it to the reception.

2 comments:

Here's hopin'... said...

Oh, he did so well! Tell Peter to stretch those philanges and make them quite limber; the cake I have in mind is alot like that!

Elizabeth said...

That cake is the bomb diggity!
Wow.

I am impressed.

And we love Pizzeria 712 too. Delish.