Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Bombshell at Work

Well it finally happened, I guess it was inevitable. I got a real job. Gone are the days that I was a lady of leisure, dabbling in writing a novel, lounging in satin pajamas and prowling department stores while my hard working Handsome Prince toiled away supporting my lavish lifestyle.

But on the upside I'm a professional writer now. I work for an online marketing company doing SEO, and although I haven't got a really clear idea of what that is despite the many many training sessions I've attended lately, I just write my articles and profiles for clients and all is well. I find I quite enjoy it. And I've been assigned some rather appropriate articles to write; one on precious gemstones, one on rhinestone tiaras, and one on a luxury multi-million dollar ski club.

It all was quite remarkable really. Getting a job I mean. I was on an extended holiday with the Handsome Prince in Ireland and England when I received a more than usually intriguing email. One of the companies that I had interviewed with months previously and had not offered me a position contacted me asking if I would consider a new copy writing position. I replied that I might consider it, but that I was presently out of the country, and they were kind enough to hold the position for me. I interviewed for the position the day after my return to the blessed United States and was given an offer right then. I happily accepted it. I began work the following day. So here I am, blogging at work in my charming cubicle. A grown up bombshell.

No comments: